There is always something going on in Durham. Live music, annual poetry, film, art and cultural festivals draw talent and visitors from far and near. Rec-league and minor sports including baseball, soccer, hockey, and curling will keep you active.
Durham Fall Fair September 2-4
Chocolate Bar / Golden Ticket Sale
Durham’s 150th homecoming celebration was in July 2022, and you can keep the party going with chocolate! These delicious bars are a whopping 200g for $10 or 2 bars for $15, available at most stores in town. Inside 1 out of every 100 wrappers is hidden a Golden Ticket for $25 Durham dollars, which can be spent at participating businesses. Sales are cash-only, no tax. They make great gifts!
Discover things to see and do…
- Go swimming and/or camping at the Durham Conservation Area.
- Visit one of our art galleries: Jest Arts or Durham Art Gallery
- Check out the amazing view of the Saugeen River from the Heritage Railway Bridge.
- Try your hand at fly fishing on the river or trout fishing at Wilmer Trout Ponds. Fishing in Ontario
- Bring your bike and go cycling in nearby forests.
- Explore scenic McGowan Falls and historic dams on the Saugeen River.
- Take a self-guided tour of downtown murals (see below).
- Have a picnic at one of our beautiful parks (see below).
- Experience small-town hospitality and great food at any of our restaurants.
- Take a stroll downtown and find treasures all your own.
- Join us for any of the annual festivals.
1 Crowndale Accounting
2 Saunders Men’s Wear
3 Jest Arts
5 At the movies
6 Bridgeport Dental Clinic
7 The Colour Jar
8 Young’s Garden
9 Chicory Common
11 Northern Credit Union
12 Durham Florist
13 RBC FInancial Group
16 Century 21 Cedar Glen
17 CMR Insurance
18 Going Once, Going Twice…
19 The Bookstore
20 Relax by Christine
21 West Grey Auto Parts
22 Garafraxa St. Salon & Spa
23 Sills Photography
24 Cannabis Grey Bruce
25 Colpepper’s Ultramar
27 Riverside Fish & Chips
28 Studio A
29 Mini & Me
30 IDA Pharmacy
31 Strands Hair & Aesthetics
32 Old Town Hall
33 McIntee Real Estate Brokers
34 NFP Insurance
36 Eckhardt’s Floral Treasures
37 The Garafraxa Café
38 Godfather’s Pizza
39 Rocky Raccoon Café
40 The Barber Shop
41 Outdoor Adventures
42 The Mortgage Centre
43 Bath & Biscuit
44 The Co-operators
45 Durham Laundromat
46 Durham Art Gallery
47 Canada Post
48 West Grey Dentistry
49 Tim Summers Tax & Accounting
50 Michael J. McGarry – Lawyer
51 Fallis, Fallis & Macmillan – Law Firm
1 Saugeen Conservation Area – Hiking, swimming, camping, playground
2 Heritage Park – Shelter, pedestrian rail bridge
3 Durham Wading Pool
4 Old Town Hall Park – Playground, picnic area
5 Veterans Memorial Park – Monument
6 Vicker’s Park – Picnic shelter, river path
7 Riverside Park – Picnic area, river view
1 “1872/2022” by JP Morel
2 “Saugeen Country” by Allen Hilgendorf
3 “People’s Parade” by JP Morel
4 “Wild Things Parade” by JP Morel
5 ”McGowan Falls” by Allen Hilgendorf
6 “Last Supper” by Allen Hilgendorf
7 “Wood Show” by Allen Hilgendorf
Stay up to date
For news, announcements and updates, follow us on Facebook or browse our Facebook feed!
Learn more about the many businesses and services are available in Durham.
Submit an event
Do you have an upcoming event you’d like posted on this website? Let us know about it asap!
“When I think of Durham, I think of New Rural. There’s a growing desire for sustainability; and Durham is ahead of most small towns in terms of culture, music, and beauty. It’s a great place to start afresh.”
Mark Stovel, new resident & business owner